Portfolio Manager - Optimised Footprint
About the client
Our client, a FTSE 250 company where the core operation of delivering mail will continue to experience significant transformation into the coming years. Key drivers of this include transforming the customer offering for the collection, automated sortation, tracking and delivery of parcels, coupled with the need to further simplify and standardise processes and systems in an effort to drive continuous efficiency improvement.
The Portfolio Manager has a major role to play in leading this transformation journey. The role has primary accountability for the delivery of a programme within the Transformation Portfolio, ensuring delivery to time, cost, quality and benefit, optimising professional and other resources, along with established PM methodologies and tools.
The portfolio manager will be accountable for the deployment of parcel sorting machines to all Mail Centres (MCs), together with associated projects to maximise cost savings from these including the deployment of improved layouts to maximise flow and efficiency in the Mail Centres. Responsibilities include deployment of Event Based Billing projects in the operation to reduce revenue leakage.
· Leading, empowering and inspiring others to deliver successful programmes and projects within the scope of the Portfolio of "Optimised Footprint" across Operations to time, cost, benefit and quality
· Identifying team resource requirements, Selecting, developing, managing and disbanding teams in line with the demands of the project and programme lifecycles., Establish development needs, shaping the knowledge and development plan, and coaching and developing the P3M resource (programmes, projects managers and deployment teams) to effectively deliver the programme
· Lead the production, consolidation and documentation of the fundamental components of a project (scope, schedule, resource requirements, budgets, risks, issues and quality)
· Produce the overall schedule for resource (financial investment and people) to enable the efficient and effective realisation of benefits (utilising the Transformation Office)
· Identifying, monitoring and managing the risks and issues and issues within the programme, working with sponsors and other stakeholders to identify and deploy suitable mitigation
· Lead all governance arrangements for the delivery of the programme including managing the business protocols to secure investments, to ensure that the mandatory project lifecycle is followed, to establish and maintain the governing bodies from project through to portfolio, and to effectively control all change requests.
· Managing, engaging, communicating and consulting with senior stakeholders at Executive and Board Level - both internally and externally, e.g. Suppliers, Trade Unions, Shareholders, etc.
· Managing how financial and other resources should be allocated within the programme to optimise the return on investment and subsequently planning and controlling finances across the portfolio.
· Establishing and managing project and programme reviews at appropriate points and levels throughout the project lifecycle, drawing on the independent support of the Group Risk & Internal Control team as appropriate
· Working with field operations and subject matter experts to gather independent assurance of projects and/or programmes validity.
Knowledge and experience
· Wide ranging and deep knowledge of processes, tools and techniques to deploy highly complex and interdependent projects within a live operational environment.
· Knowledge of multi-site process operations (parcel processing or similar dispersed network utility / service organisations)
· Knowledge of managing automation projects, contracts and equipment suppliers.
· Proven experience of delivering programmes in excess of £50 million and ideally a national portfolio.
· Proven experience of leading large professional project teams in dynamic environments (geographically dispersed)
· Proven experience of delivering business case requirements by coordinating the interdependence of a programme and starting with the outcome in mind
· Proven experience of managing highly complex and interdependent projects within a programme
· Proven experience of operating at senior management level
What's on Offer
· Salary between £80,000 to £100,000
· 35% bonus
· Car allowance of £6800 (or £6300 cash)
· Full AXA PPP
· 30 days annual leave