SENIOR- PRINCIPAL DATA SCIENTISTS - NLP - HEALTH - EUROPE (REMOTE)
Role: Senior - Principal NLP Data Scientist
Salary: up to €150k + excellent benefits
Location: Fully Remote (EU)
The Principal Data Scientist AI/ML will contribute to the research team's effort towards exploring and creating new technology and being a world leader in data science within our fields. You will bring elements of data collection, preparation, and engineering as well as software engineering in a data science context, specifically in the applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) approaches.
Moreover, the Principal Data Scientist will, with guidance from more senior Data Scientists, contribute to the development and validation of Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning (AI/ML) algorithms and models, and work closely with other engineers to build AI/ML-fuelled products.
As Principal Data Scientist you will:
- Applying relevant statistical, ML and AI methods to solving complex challenges in the pharmaceutical development space
- Implement and maintain local and cloud-based data and computational environments and platforms and help to integrate data and solutions from different sources
- Engage with stakeholders to understand challenges, identify areas of innovation, and build solutions using appropriate techniques
- Actively participates in cross-functional teams to develop AI and ML solutions
The Principal Data Scientist AI/ML reports to the head of the related research area and will have a variety of internal and external stakeholders across US and Denmark to
Internal partners include data scientists, specialists, engineers, software developers, technology scouts & partnership developers, system engineers, designers, anthropologists, medical doctors, IT professionals, and others across US and Denmark. External relationships include commercial and academic collaboration partners.
You will have extensive collaboration with other engineers/scientists from other disciplines to complete daily tasks and to design, code, train, test, deploy, and iterate on machine learning systems. Furthermore, you will occasionally show initiative in recognizing and addressing unmet patient needs using data.
A Master's degree with 3+ years' relevant experience is required or PhD Degree with 1+ years' relevant experience can be considered. Degree within computer science, molecular biology, chemistry, genetics, computational biology, or a related quantitative discipline preferred.
Relevant experience includes:
- General experience in modern data science methods including unsupervised/supervised classification and regression, modern machine learning techniques and classical statistical modeling or applied mathematics
- Experience with software development which includes writing high quality code processing data using Python/R.
- Thorough understanding of text pre-processing and normalization techniques such as tokenization, lemmatization, stemming, POS tagging, parsing, entity extraction, etc. and how they work at a low level
- Experience applying modern NLP approaches such as BERT and other transformer models, along with sequence models for semantic analysis, text extraction, prediction and generation tasks
- Experience decoding complex models for interpretability and implementing multi-modal solutions
- Ability to perform in-depth data analysis and present results and conclusions to engineering and leadership team.
Preferred experience includes:
- Experience working with structured and unstructured data from diverse sources
- Experience with containerization and standard cloud services such as AWS S3, EC2, and Lamba Function.
- Experience in data management, database management system, and familiarity with NoSQL and/or Graph database.
- Working experience in Software Development Lifecycles, agile methodologies, and continuous integration
- Experience in pharmaceutical industry, healthcare industry, regulated medical device development or in another regulated field.