Our large multinational banking and financial services client is looking for a Process Model Engineer.
Role: Process Model Engineer
Business: Digital Business Services - Global Operations
Salary: Up to £60,000 p/a dependent on experience
Location: London but flexible on location
Working within the global COO office this role will be pivotal in managing the models and processes needed for the COO planning cycle.
The Global Operations COO planning and resourcing team have embarked on a multi-year program to redevelop the processes used to plan for AOP's and Resource plans. We are building multiple connected planning and workflow platforms using tools like Anaplan, SQL, SharePoint and Excel and are looking for an experienced Model builder who can help us manage and support the new processes being built.
This will range from Maintaining existing to developing and managing the lifecycle of new processes being implemented as part of the COO resource and planning processes.
The successful applicant will need to have proven skills using the above toolset in particular using a planning tool like Anaplan or a similar modular planning tool. The user should have at least 3 years' experience working in a central Anaplan builder based role (ideally have Anaplan certifications).
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
Major Challenges (The challenges inherent in the role that require a continual test of the role holder's abilities)
· Understand and translate complex business situations into tangible goals and actions
· Understand the industry in a global context and maintain high level of interaction and understanding for the future needs of all stakeholders
· Translate stakeholder needs to action plan
· Align Business plans and goals with those of Global Operations
· Lead team of highly motivated (demanding) individuals in a complex environment of constant change
Role Context (The environment and operating conditions of the role including the extent of guidance and authority)
The role is a key part of the Global COO team and is responsible for supporting implementation of the Global Operation COO Office strategy by coordinating activities across local teams and engaging other key stakeholders.
Management of Risk (Operational Risk / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will ensure the fair treatment of our customers is at the heart of everything we do, both personally and as an organization.
The jobholder will also continually reassess the operational risks associated with the role and inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
Observation of Internal Controls (Compliance Policy / FIM requirements)
The jobholder will also adhere to and be able to demonstrate adherence to internal controls. This will be achieved by adherence to all relevant procedures, keeping appropriate records and, where appropriate, by the timely implementation of internal and external audit points, including issues raised by external regulators.
The jobholder will implement the Group compliance policy by containing compliance risk in liaison with Global Head of Compliance, Global Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Officer or Local Compliance Officer. The term 'compliance' embraces all relevant financial services laws, rules and codes with which the business has to comply.
Role Dimensions (e.g. balance sheet size, lending/expenditure limits, size/volume of transactions, budget)
The role of COO Modeling Analyst is to support the COO planning team in leading a small team of highly skilled specialist and work closely together with the 4 pillars of the Operations COO team to deliver strategic, financial and reporting/planning, human capital, communication and governance and efficiency expertise and support
Knowledge & Experience / Qualifications (For the role - not the role holder. Minimum requirements of the role.)
- Experience with Anaplan or similar planning tool is a must.
- Agile methodology
- Experienced process designer with proven track record of delivering complex processes.
- Tenured experience as a resource planner with the ability to explain complex resource planning processes.
- Financials acumen is desirable with basic understanding of Financial planning processes.
- Anaplan certifications with +3 years building complex connected planning models
- Strong excel skills with good VBA as a minimum
- Honed analytical skills, with a strong emphasis on problem solving and strategic thinking
- Experience using MS access or relational databases
- Ability to think broadly and strategically rather than focus on short term, local challenges
- Aptitude for authentically engaging a diverse group of stakeholders to deliver at pace
- Politically savvy and able to form collaborative working arrangements with peers
- Comfortable in initiating and willing to challenge the status quo.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to navigate through and deliver in changing strategic and commercial contexts.
- Ambitious for self and team and passionate about people development to stretch their outlook, build capability and elevate their performance ambitions.
- Developed planning and organizational skills.
- Adaptable, flexible, with a self-initiated approach to change and developing market demands and opportunities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Please submit your CV asap and if suitable, I will contact you to discuss the role.