A European bank are searching for a Product Compliance Officer who is a Subject Matter Expert in Payments Compliance.
You will be joining:
- A products Compliance team of around 8 people that care passionately about being the go-to Compliance experts in their field
- One or two other Payments focussed Compliance SME's that you will have the opportunity to lead and develop as you settle into your role (not manage).
- A team managed by a person with a brilliant industry track-record, a can-do attitude that always has the customer and business on the forefront of their mind. They have built this team into a genuine ally of the Products teams within the bank.
- An established, large European Bank that are constantly evolving their payments arena rather than 'revolutionising' it overnight.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering the ISO20022 project (this will be one of your first 'big jobs after joining'.
- Establishing yourself within the business & products compliance team as the go-to expert on Payments Compliance.
- Driving your own development. If there is an area of Payments Compliance you don't yet know, it's down to you to learn it. The business will provide you with all of the time & tools you need to do this.
- Compliance Advisory and Monitoring on an ad-hoq basis (dovetailing responsibilities with other team members).
- Regulatory Horizon Scanning.
- Providing on-going oversight of Risk Mitigation of your business units.
To apply, you are going to need:
- To already have an SME knowledge (and experience of applying it in practice) of a few (ideally most) areas & regulations of Payments Compliance. There will be an in-depth technical interview around this.
- You won't need to know everything, but solid knowledge of at least a few of PSD, SEPA, Cross Border Payments Regulations, ISO20022, Visa/Mastercard Card Schemes, CHAPS, merchants/acquirers/networks, Open Banking, API's, Payment Systems Regulator & Conduct rules will serve you well.
- The more of the above you know the better, but the Bank will give you the development tools to learn area's you don't already know.
- Some good examples of you running with things autonomously, projects/changes you have run with proactively.
- At least a few years experience doing Compliance advisory/monitoring/regulation in a payments arena (general financial services regulatory knowledge won't suffice here)... it's definitely not an entry level role and they're looking for someone that can plug into the team and add value quite quickly and become one of the senior members.
What's on offer:
- A great Bank to work for that operate a flat hierarchy
- Competitive salary
- A lot of opportunity to develop your knowledge within payments Compliance, become a leader of people and to later on expand into a second product compliance line/business unit.
If you believe that you are suited to the above, please don't hesitate to click apply!