Our client, the industry leader in clean energy, is seeking an innovative, dynamic individual to join the Estimating Group within the Engineering & Construction Division.
This position will be filled by an individual with some experience in estimating or construction and a passion for helping to deliver clean, reliable power to customers.
- The Project Estimator II will be a key member of the inventive and vibrant preconstruction estimating team and will support design of projects.
- The ideal candidate has some experience in estimating, a preliminary understanding of construction means and methods, a preliminary understanding of construction requirements and basic project management skills.
- In this role, you will collaborate with cross functional teams involved in project development, planning, engineering, and execution to develop project estimates and improve estimating tools.
- Day to day responsibilities include leading the preparation of estimate and the development of pricing models. The candidate will have the ability to grow their skillset, and potentially branch out to all technologies we work on including wind energy, solar energy, energy storage, oil and gas pipelines, transmission lines, substations, water treatment, and simple & combined cycle fossil power generation.
This position develops, quantifies, costs, and provides a complete capital expenditure (CapEx) model for evaluating projects. Employees in this role provide technical guidance, estimating knowledge, market pricing, and staffing considerations during the estimating process.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepares capital cost estimates
- Reviews designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives, when appropriate
- Coordinates with other departments, ensuring understanding of project objectives and efficient utilization of resources
- Reviews layouts, designs and specifications for cost effectiveness and suggests alternatives, when appropriate
- Remains current with technology and industry evolution, assuring that capital estimates anticipate the correct market conditions
- Establishes, builds and implements metrics for cost and construction estimate checks
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 1+ years experience minimum in renewable construction estimation
- Competent on excel - can perform vlookups, pivot tables etc.