We are seeking a Project Manager with experience in large construction, engineering or utility projects for a major utility in San Diego.
- Understand the full scope of each project including the tasks and objectives for all stakeholders (clients, customers, vendors, staff and upper management) and develop accurate project plans and budgets for all assigned projects.
- Manage assigned projects from inception to completion, ensuring that all activities are effectively and efficiently completed on time and within budget.
- Assist in the creation and dissemination of procedures and policies related to the project.
- Execute developed project plans by building deliverables that satisfy client needs and allocate resources to keep team members focused on their assigned tasks.
- Attend and lead internal and external meetings with team members and management to review the status and progress of each project and implement changes as necessary.
- Track and notify clients and leadership at all times of any problems or threats that may impact timely project completion or cost.
- Ensure that all tasks are maintained in a project tracking system with complete accuracy.
- Confirm accurate and complete files are created for each project and appropriate close-out documents are submitted in a timely manner in accordance with client's requirements and obtain customer approval.
- Minimum five (5) years of project management experience must include responsibility for the performance of project management activities including planning, scheduling, budget analysis/control, resource acquisition, forecasting, stakeholder communications, tracking and management of issues and risks, and project close-out.
- Bachelor's degree or related work experience required. Project management, engineering or math focused or commercial construction related education preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or CMC Certification preferred.
- Knowledge of change management concepts with ability to create awareness of the project plan and objectives and drive desired outcomes.
- Ability to apply knowledge of specific engineering, technical and/or construction standards and methods, regulations, policies, processes and established practices for a given project.
- Experience with SharePoint, SAP, Envision, scheduling and work stream specific tools, and CPD/iCue is preferred.
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Excellent analysis, conflict resolution, negotiation and problem solving skills.
- Strong customer service skills and proactive follow-up (internal and external).
- Strong communication and writing skills.