A large EPC firm are looking for a Project Manager to support a program consisting of a combination of small to moderate size transmission, substation, and communication projects. The Project Manager will manage, direct and coordinate all aspects of the work related to the engineering, permitting, construction, and capitalization of multiple concurrent high voltage overhead transmission line, substation, and communication equipment improvement projects.
The Project Manager will report directly to the Lead Project Manager and is responsible for cost management of the individual projects, the successful completion of the projects within the specified dates, and establishing and maintaining a professional and satisfactory relationship with the Owner, subcontractors, regulatory agencies and any other project stakeholders.
Responsibilities for the Project Manager will include:
- Provide overall management of projects from development, construction and closeout including siting, environmental, permitting, planning, estimating, engineering, right-of-way acquisition, project controls, bid phase services, procurement, constructability reviews, material management, construction management, and closeout.
- Maintain clear lines of communication and relationships between project site, project office and clients.
- Drive project schedules and manage scope.
- Maintain detailed, accurate project cost forecasts and accruals.
- Develop and implement project policies and procedures, establish project controls systems and implement the project execution plan.
- Work closely with the Project Team to confirm deliverables and services are being provided to clients satisfaction.
- Report regularly to the Lead Project Manager on construction progress, cost and schedule metrics, procurement issues, safety or environmental concerns, design questions, potential impacts, and any issues requiring home office support.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field from an accredited curriculum.
- Minimum of 5 years of high voltage transmission line or substation project experience with at least 2 years related project management experience.
- Project management experience must include construction phase of project execution.
- Must have detailed knowledge in substations, networks/telecommunications, or transmission lines.
- Must have ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government and public contacts on project-related matters.