Role: Project Manager
Salary: Up to £65,000 p/a + great benefits
Location: Burton Upon Trent / Bury St Edmunds
My large retailer is looking for a Project Manager to work on multiple projects across a mass digital transformation programme. The client is searching for an experienced professional in the retail sector with great leadership, communication, and key stakeholder management skills. The digital transformation programme has been set out over the next 3-5 years with a great opportunity for a project manager to face development and change in a progressive environment.
- Delivering commercial, multi-disciplinary projects to hit our strategic objectives
- Working with all departments across the business, engaging stakeholders at all levels
- Ensuring an effective delivery of people, technology and process change
- Forming cross-functional project teams to deliver simple, pragmatic and effective solutions
- Maintain a structured approach to project management, ensuring projects are delivered to time, quality and cost expectations
- Manage the project through the key stages of the project lifecycle ensuring authorisation to proceed is obtained from the project board
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables and document in project brief and initiation documentation
- Define and gain agreement to the project business case using clear cost/benefit analysis
- Work with senior stakeholders to analyse requirements, define business requirements and the required project outputs to deliver benefits
- Define the project activities and plan required to deliver the project outputs
- Define and gain commitment to change management activities across the business required to embed the changes delivered by the project
- Lead the project team in delivering project outputs that are capable of delivering project benefits
- Identify risks to the project and work with stakeholders to identify owners and mitigation plans including escalation to Executive level where required
- Manage project issues through to resolution with project team members or escalate to appropriate levels where required
- Track and report project deliverables to the project board and key stakeholders using standard templates
- Manage scope changes through the change control process to ensure that the business case is still valid and that the project board sign-off any changes to scope
- Ensure that deliverables are completed to acceptable time, cost and quality standards
- Complete post-project project evaluation to capture key success and learning points for future projects
- Work closely with key stakeholders across all functions of the business, in particular the Programme Manager, Heads of Department, Senior Stakeholders, cross functional project teams and external suppliers.
Skills & Experience
- Experienced in delivering commercially focused projects for a fast paced, high growth, complex business, ideally in a retail and/or wholesale environment (but not essential), with projects that cut across multiple operating companies.
- Proficient in successfully running cross functional projects with a commercial focus
- Experienced in running large scale projects worth £10 million plus
- A hands-on leader with demonstrable experience of establishing and managing cross functional project teams
- Highly experienced in stakeholder management and the ability to influence at all levels
- Able to understand and establish business requirements and create structured plans over the short and long term
- Commercially astute with the ability to produce and articulate sound business plans that demonstrate clear business benefits and return on investment for proposed projects
- A strategic and analytical thinker
- Very strong in communication and relationship skills
- An experienced Project Manager who is able to hit the ground running
- Able to deliver software solutions as well as people and progress change
- Freedom within the set boundaries of agreed time, cost and scope of the project/programme.
Scope of Influence
- You will be working with cross functional project and programme teams
- Escalating risk, issues and decisions to the appropriate forum/stakeholders to ensure fluidity of the Project
Facts and Figures
- The Transformation team is a new team being developed as part of central services within the company.
- This exciting new team will be responsible for the delivery of the strategic portfolio.
Please apply with your CV directly and if suitable for the position, I will get in touch!