Our client is a leading Renewables organization that is seeking a qualified candidate to join the project Controls and Scheduling group for the Engineering and Construction Division located in Juno Beach, Florida.
This role will support as an initial Contract term of 12 months.
This candidate will work directly with the Project Originators, Developers, Engineers, Early Stage Managers and Construction Managers supporting the development, engineering, and construction of all energy technologies. Some examples of projects include but are not limited to Wind, Solar, Energy Storage, Transmission Lines, Substations, Pipelines, Combine Cycles, etc.
Reporting to the group Manager, the selective individual will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and progress of project schedules using Primavera P6 Software. Besides, this person will be in charge of the preparation of monthly reports for construction projects comparing baseline approved schedule to progress schedule including critical path method, resource loading, cost loading, manpower, submittals, projections of impacts and recovery plans.
In this role, you will be a key player as a member of the project scheduler/planner group in support of all innovative technologies and be exposed to various working teams to drive project success through the entire life cycle. Your project scheduling, management and technical skill set will be important to develop effective & accurate schedules, coordinate multidisciplinary meetings and report to management for an impressive portfolio of projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Construction, Business Management or similar field.
- Team player. Be able to interact with all project participants to gather scope, logistics, and constraints to be included within the plan and schedule. Maintain a positive attitude and develop strong working relationships with all team members.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to lead Schedule Review Meetings with all project participants and to coordinate requirements to ensure resources are focused on the right project activities.
- Strong bias for action oriented performers. Analytical mindset. Ability to review, criticize and validate external information. Excellent process management, prioritization and problem solving skills.
- Experience working on substation projects to support transmission/substation
- Some experience in Project Management. Experience in tracking against schedule baselines and perform ad-hoc analyses. Report schedule status and variances to management in a clear and concise manner.
- Minimum 3 years of Project Controls/ Scheduling experience is desired