Title: Project Support Assistant
Location: New Bedford, MA
Schedule: 6 days/12-hour shifts
Job Type: Contract
To provide support to project team and management under minimal supervision. Incumbents have demonstrated proficiency in the project support role and are able to utilize frequent independent judgment, as needed. Possesses broad knowledge of project policies and procedures involving all phases of project execution from bid specifications through project closeout. Adapts past project knowledge to the needs of the current project with minimal direction or review needed from project management. Has regular contact with clients, suppliers, or company employees outside the immediate work area to exchange information.
- Completes complex filing activities such as assigning file numbers, action items, and distribution for project file system.
- Creates expense reports for project team members. Is coordinator of project communications.
- Frequently interacts with upper management on related project issues, as well as external clients.
- May maintain personal calendar for project manager.
- Performs scanning and electronic filing.
- Answers phones.
- Greets and directs visitors.
- Assembles documents (reproduction and collation).
- Performs word processing and data entry.
- Orders office supplies.
- Maintains project calendar.
- Arranges project-related meetings, travel and/or events.
- Generates or distributes ad hoc reports using various business systems and databases to internal project team.
- Generates simple documents, such as letters and memos.
- Generates more complex documents, such as spreadsheets and presentations.
- May coordinate collection of timesheets.
- May route and track invoices.
- 5+ years relevant experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Intermediate MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Outlook skills.
- Expense Reporting Systems (Creating)
- Expense Reporting Policies and Procedures (Reviewing and approving).
- Time Reporting Systems.
- Time Reporting Policies and Procedures.
- PeopleSoft and Blueprint Basic Users.
- Telephony and Web conferencing.
- Electronic Repository Systems.
- Travel Systems.
- Financial Information Systems/Business Reporting System.