My client is one of the fastest growing consulting firms in the Sydney area. They are continuing their journey with multiple projects where they are looking for a Python Developer to join their Sydney office on an initial 6 month contract basis. This client is working on multiple projects which would give you an exciting opportunity to cutting edge Technology tools.
This role offers a great chance to join a team of extremely talented Developers and Project Manager's working on cutting edge, highly complex applications. The position will also give you the chance to gain exposure to a range of other languages/technologies..
The ideal candidate will have experience working on similar projects working heavily with Python developing ETL pipelines.
The key responsibilities will include;
- Create repeatable and reusable ingestion and curation code in accordance with the architecture
- Populate Data Lake and Data model for new the sources that haven't been incorporated into big data ecosystem
- Enhancement of existing data ingestion
- Delivery of data curation Jobs, including development, testing and implementation using CI/CD framework
- Ingest structured / unstructured data in Real time, Near real time or batch cadence into the AWS S3
- Troubleshoot, recommend and implement enhancements that can be either performance or functional.
- Responsible for ensuring the production services are optimally configured and aligned to best practices to protect production data.
Looking for the following skills/experience;
- Several year's experience working with Python
- Very strong in programming languages including Java, C# and SQL
- Proven experience with data modelling and building data pipelines
- Highly skilled in all aspects of SQL and PL/SQL
- Agile experience highly regarded
- AWS: redshift, S3, lambda beneficial
- Knowledge of multi-tier, high availability, cloud and on premise data engineering solutions.
What's on offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a great contract where you will have access to market leading tools, expert colleagues and a modern working environment. This opportunity offers a competitive daily rate as well as other excellent benefits. If you are interested in this role, please press apply.