Our client is seeking an experienced Engineer in the balance of system designs of renewable energy facilities to lead technical and strategic innovation initiatives to reduce Capex for a continuous growing renewables portfolio. This position is focused on strong technical experiences with financial acumen to identify innovative solutions.
The selected candidate for this role will be the most successful to:
- Have direct and relevant experience with current utility-scale Solar, Storage and Wind industries, markets, equipment, and standards
- Have design experience in balance of system architecture, top tier suppliers, and installation means and methods; not limited to cables, switches, inverters, padmount transformers, foundations, and supporting structures
- Demonstrates a high degree of initiative, creativity, foresight, and mature commercial judgment in guiding engineering design architecture
- Identify opportunities for new architecture, technologies, products, and install means and methods
- Lead collaborations with internal teams, external engineering firms and suppliers to identify solutions, quantify benefits, and develop an implementation strategy
- Lead the definition of processes and policies, supply business rules and procedures, and communicate the contexts in which the rules, processes and policies are applied
- Provide input for the design and construction of test cases and scenarios and may also validate executed test results
- Test the product(s) or service(s) towards the end of the project/program (user acceptance testing), using and evaluating it for accuracy and usability, providing feedback to the project team
- Bachelor's degree in engineering
- 5+ years in design engineering renewable facilities for electrical and civil/structural
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical engineering
- Knowledge of energy storage integration with other renewables such as solar and wind
- Master's Degree in electrical, mechanical, aerospace, civil, or chemical engineering
The more ideal candidate is targeted to have battery/energy storage experience, but solar is great too. That could include equipment selection/sizing of batteries, battery container and HVAC sizing, collection cable sizing and layout, inverters selection/sizing, and developing 3-line and 1-line diagrams and performing electrical studies. Along with the design experience, it is a bonus if they have some construction and/or commissioning experience of these type and size projects as well.