We are working with a leading Renewables client that is hiring for a Principal Requirements Engineer to join the team. This will be a Contract position with an initial term of 12 months.
This role is responsible for utilizing leading edge technology to ensure "Build-own-transfer" (BOT) projects meet both the customer and the business needs. Specifically, this role will be responsible for coordinating the BOT technical solution between Development, Early Stage Project Management, Project Engineering, Engineers of Record (EOR's), and Cost Estimating, to ensure projects meet both customer and business requirements.
Requirements engineering responsibilities span from "Request for Proposal" (RFP) through concept definition to construction and final commissioning. A successful candidate will have interest/experience in both systems engineering principles and customer development. A successful candidate will have subject matter expertise in utility scale Wind, Solar, and/or Battery storage projects as well as excellent communication and team building skills.
Employees in this role make decisions and recommendations having significant impact on extensive engineering and related activities for the company. This position negotiates critical and controversial issues with top level engineers and officers of other organizations and companies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Co-ordinates team effort performing detailed and comprehensive requirements analysis of BOT projects
- Prepares technical summary documentation of requirements and deviation from standards
- Supports BOT projects from RFP through execution working closely with Development, Early Stage, Project Engineering, EOR's, and Cost Estimating stakeholders
- Influences project teams and BOT customers on technical requirements
- Actively maintains the database of standard and project specific BOT requirements facilitating variance analysis
- Develops and utilizes the leading edge in Natural Language Processing Requirements analysis techniques
- Demonstrates a high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding extensive engineering programs and activities
- Manages one or more programs of complex diversity and scope which are of critical importance to overall company objectives
- Acts as a subject matter expert
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's - Engineering
- Experience: 5+ years
- MBA preferred