This position will provide support for assay development and drug discovery efforts in MCB. Duties will include custom media and reagent preparation, patient tissue tracking and organization, imaging support (antibody staining), and molecular biology support (RNA isolation, qRT-PCR). Day to day duties will differ depending on the need of the team and will therefore require a candidate who will be flexible, motivated and visible within our large team of researchers. The ideal candidate will therefore have excellent communication and organizational skills and a proven track record of excelling in a fast-paced, collaborative laboratory environment.
- B.S in Cell Biology or Molecular Biology with at least 1 year experience working in a laboratory.
- Diligence and impeccable attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with patient sample handling and organization, familiarity with database tracking software a plus.
- Experience in tissue culture techniques (experience with primary cells is a plus), and general biological assays (RNA isolation, RT-PCR, protein lysate preparation, antibody staining).
- Experience in FACS techniques is a plus.
- Motivation to learn new techniques and flexibility to support various areas of research as required.
- Ability to navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, highly-matrixed work environment.
- A desire to be part of a highly innovative company aimed at transforming the lives of people with serious diseases, their families and society.