Research Associate I
11-month contract- Santa Monica, CA
*Salary range between $30-34 /hour depending on experience*
Must Have Requirements
- MA/MS Degree Biochemical Engineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Biotechnology and 0 years of experience OR
- OR BA/BS Degree in Biochemical Engineering, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Biotechnology and two years of experience OR
- High School Degree and four years of experience in biotechnology and process development
- 1-3 years of mammalian cell culture or cell therapy manufacturing & process development experience.
- Cell culture experience at different scales using adherent and/ or suspension platforms including flasks and culture bags.
- Practical demonstration of hands-on process development including use of statistical design of experiment.
- Ability to work and collaborate in cross functional teams, research, development, manufacturing in a fast pace, dynamic team setting.
- Ability to think critically, analytically and have demonstrated troubleshooting and problem-solving skills based on deductive reasoning.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent with Microsoft office application, statistical analysis tools (JMP/ Minitab) and data management tools.
- Perform material evaluation and process testing to support new material qualification.
- Support new material introduction business process flow for clinical programs.
- Understand and execute protocols related to media and buffer preparation, cell culture, cell banking and other activities as needed.
- Perform hands on lab work to execute studies across multiple unit operations.
- Collaborate and develop a thorough understanding of operating parameters of unit operations for essential process characterization and improvement.
- Participate in decision-making processes within the project team by actively engaging in scientific and technical discussions.
- Analyze data to support project leads in preparation of presentation, data graphs and reports.
- Manage samples and inventory related to each experiment.
- Write and review technical and summary reports.