We are seeking a highly motivated and talented Research Associate to join the flow cytometry team within a leading Biopharmaceutical company. This opportunity is located in Foster City, CA, and is offered on an initial 6 month contract basis. This is a great learning opportunity to broadly use technology of flow Cytometry, yet direct experience in flow cytometry and standard immunological assays is a plus, but not required. This opportunity offers a highly competitive base salary, and eligibility for health/dental/vision/life insurance, a 401k vehicle and more.
- Oversee instrument calibration, and maintenance (interface with field engineers, small repairs…)
- Oversee cell sorting operation (set up the sorter and/or operate the sorter for users, optimize cell sorting conditions for given assays)
- Acquire knowledge and share best practice in conventional and spectral flow cytometry
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree of experience in pharmaceutical sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry and 1 years in industry or academia.
- Basic cell biology and immunology knowledge,
- Technical expertise in performing cell based assays (cell culture, primary cell isolation and culture, in vitro proliferation, ELISA…)
Please apply with your most up to date resume to be considered immediately.