We are working with a mid-sized Biotech company located in South San Francisco, CA, who are looking to hire a Research Associate to join their team to support preclinical computed tomography (CT) studies. We are looking for someone with experience in preclinical imaging (BLI, ultrasound, micro-CT, or MRI), with demonstrated skills in working with rodents, performing imaging studies and participating in data analysis. This role will focus on planning and performing micro-CT experiments to characterize physiological changes of mammalian aging and age-related diseases. This opportunity is offered on an initial 12 month contract basis, with possibility of further extension/conversion to permanent. As a w2 contract worker you are eligible to a benefits package including health/dental/vision/life insurance, a 401k vehicle and more.
The anticipated pay range for this role is $38-40/hr ($76-80,000 p/a). We encourage candidates of all levels to apply as there may be flexibility on final job title and responsibilities. The salary offer will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications, internal equity etc.
- Planning of in vivo imaging studies
- Performing micro-CT imaging studies (animal preparation, in vivo imaging, data management, data analysis using existing pipelines)
- Perform tail vein cannulations for intravenous contrast agent administration
- Undergraduate degree in life or physical sciences required, plus 1 year of relevant lab experience in an academic or industry setting
- Experience with preclinical imaging modality (micro-CT, MRI, ultrasound, PET, SPECT, or BLI)
- Hands-on experience with rodent handling
If this seems like something you may be interested in, then please apply with an up to date copy of your resume.