We are looking for a highly experienced Research Scientist to join a next-generation industrial biotechnology company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The chosen individual will specialize in optimizing and developing creative approaches of assessing microbial strain performance. This is a full-time opportunity and direct hire opportunity, that will report directly to their Cambridge, MA facility.
- Develop, test, and optimize small scale (e.g. 96-well) plate-based fermentation conditions and parameters for the production of complex natural products
- Develop novel assays to measure diverse target natural compounds with increased throughput
- Work as part of a multi-disciplinary scientific team to effectively propose and communicate plans and results for novel approaches to measuring strain performance
- Ph.D. in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, Biochemistry, Microbiology, or a related field
- Experience in small-scale microbial fermentation optimization (96 well plate or shake flasks)
- Expertise in microbial physiology
- Experience in developing medium to high throughput assays for product quantification or cellular analysis
- Experience with molecular biology, genetic modifications, and heterologous expression of enzymes in microorganisms
Please apply with your most up to date resume to be considered.