The Sales & Marketing Director is responsible for the commercial activities supporting the business in EMEA. This fundamentally involves the leadership of the direct field sales & office-based marketing team to support the day to day management of all commercial aspects of the business whilst also developing strategic direction.
Through regional business plans, sales IC Plans, and the strategic plans of the business, the S&M Director will lead identification of strategic opportunities, key customer segments and specific targets, set tactical objectives for the team of Market Development Managers (MDM), Field Application Specialists (FAS), Training Managers and Marketing Product Managers to execute upon.
Moreover, as a key member of the Global Leadership team they will contribute to strategic planning, product development and lifecycle management of the entire product portfolio
The Director Research Sales report to the Global Commercial responsible. Key Responsibilities & Essential Functions and Essential Functions
* Create and execute a Regional Business Plan to achieve/exceed goals.
* Effectively build a short/medium/long term sales pipeline across a team of sales professionals (BDM) and manage the necessary levels teams' of sales leads, prospects and opportunities.
* Manage and execute pricing and contracting strategy with healthcare, academic and institutional customers
* Collaborate with key internal stakeholders (R&D, Medical Affairs, Customer Service, Engineering Support, Legal, Finance etc.) to achieve strategic company objectives
* Leverage a comprehensive knowledge of customers and prospects including the overall market, customer needs, personnel and responsibilities, budgeting and funding processes, and the competition to ensure MDMs, FAS, and marketing managers create sales plans to deliver on objectives and sales targets
* Support the Marketing manager and the team of product Managers to support all aspects of product management, marketing communications, digital marketing initiatives, and product Lifecycle Management. Work with them to refine and develop strategic direction to sustain growth.
* Support the FAS Manager to allow the team of FAS and Training managers to provide professional application support and customer training as and when necessary.
* Identify, develop, and maintain high-value relationships with key opinion leaders, customers and other relevant key contacts in partnership with the relevant BDMs and FAS in the field
* Provide leadership and oversight for our key products at key International, National, Regional and Local Conferences and Meetings.
* Lead, teach, mentor, coach, and develop commercial team to: Deliver compelling sales presentations, follow-up and nurture repeat business, map, and build a network of referrals, negotiate sales opportunities within company-established parameters.
* Coordinate and communicate sales activities, effectiveness, progress, opportunities, and challenges to management. * Leverage salesforce effectiveness tools (Salesforce.com) and analytics to set goals and priorities, monitor performance and track opportunities within the sales funnel.
* Develop and maintain sales forecast processes and methodologies to support the forecasting, tracking, and reporting of sales activities and revenue targets.
* Maintain a high-level technical understanding of our IVD and RUO products, including product use cases, publications landscape, scientific and technical parameters
* Support customers through thorough knowledge of relevant literature, overall publication & evidence generation strategy.
* Have a high-level understanding of laboratory procedures as well as use of IVD & RUO Kits in laboratory settings
* Collaborate internally with various customer service, commercial, operations, and R&D teams to resolve high-level customer issues and help develop customer support infrastructure
* Provided both strategic contributions on customer needs and usage of all products to support product development, product management and marketing teams
Commercial Team Structure
7 x Market Development Managers
3 x Field Application Specialists
4 x Marketing Managers
3 x Training Managers Total
Commercial Team = 17
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Other) Key Requirements
* BA/BSc or Masters degree required, graduate degree in Life Sciences, PhD a plus.
* Minimum 7-10 years' experience in Healthcare Industry. Ideally the Diagnostics Industry.
* Preferred: Experience in IVD, RUO, Life sciences, and academic research settings - with a strong ability to interact with a variety of professionals ranging from top KOLs to Lab personnel
* Minimum 2-3 years of successful management experience leading commercial teams.
* Well-developed professional and strategic selling skills with a proven ability to grow key accounts by building and leveraging networks inside and outside areas of key institutions. Demonstrated ability to set business targets and achieve.
* Excellent listening, time management, organizational and interpersonal skills.
* Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to illustrate the relevant application of our technology to a wide range of research specialties.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and skilfully bring together appropriate internal resources to meet specific customer needs.
* Experienced using salesforce.com or similar CRM database
* Ability to lead field-based teams in setting priorities and objectives, training and coaching, and managing performance
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and motivational skills Working Conditions Position will require travel across Europe, approximately 50% to support BDMs & FAS engaging with customers in the field and work with field-based members of the team.