I'm currently looking for a SAS Administrator for a contract role with a challenger bank in Edinburgh. The contract is for an initial 6 months and the role is remote. The contract does sit inside IR35.
The successful SAS Admininistrator is required to assist the bank in leading the SAS engineering team and troubleshooting SAS platform issues, bolster existing support team capability and drive improvements across the platform within an AWS setting.
Key responsibilities and required skills
· Administration of SAS 9.4 software and components in a production environment
· Strong understanding and experience of SAS GRID and GRID Manager
· Lustre file system support and administration
· Metadata management
· Monitoring, logging and troubleshooting SAS servers through SAS EVM and AWS native technologies
· Proactive identification of issues and resolution implementation
· Back-up and restoration of SAS environments
· Experience of planning and performing SAS upgrades
· Strong knowledge of Linux/UNIX, including memory management, file system architecture, CPU utilization etc
· Installation of security patches and operating system updates
· Building, implementing and managing data integration process using Di studio
· Manage multiple-user environments
· Experience with managing, monitoring and updating SAS platform within an AWS/Azure environment