Location: Onsite in Irvine, CA
Contract: 6 months
Pay rate: $27-$32.50
A leading medical device company are seeking an R&D lab technologist to perform routine mechanical testing of surgical medical devices to assess performance and durability. They may also be responsible for calibration of equipment, preventative maintenance, operating equipment such as rapid prototyping and other miscellaneous lab activities.
- Set up, adjust, maintain, and clean laboratory equipment.
- Perform testing on cardiovascular surgical medical devices such as heart valve replacements and annuloplasty rings.
- Perform test method validation for equipment and product designs.
- Analyze, gather, and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs, and narratives.
- Responsible for equipment maintenance (PM, calibration, etc.).
- Support a wide range of engineering activities such as testing, check-out, modification, fabrication, and assembly; may formulate and propose technical solutions.
- Verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Basic ability to analyze data and accurately document and record results.
- Strong computer skills; Design (CAD) skills a plus.
- Associate's degree in medical technology or vocational training required.
- 4-years experience required.