Title: Scientist I, Project Management
Department: Biopharma Services
Location: South Plainfield, NJ
* Coordinate projects to completion including procurement, reporting, delivering, and billing alongside finance team.
* Offer relevant scientific information for project design, troubleshooting, and act as direct consultant for customers in making informed decisions during project progress.
* Act as subject matter expert for troubleshooting project and maintain in-depth scientific knowledge.
* Work alongside other department heads to reach common goal; represent department in meetings for potential long-term company collaboration/partnerships.
* Work with Manager/Director to add/remove/improve NGS services and restructure resources/improve functions of current operations as needed
* Train PM team members on all project design, assessment, deliveries to ensure successful delivery of services.
* Master's Degree in Life Sciences with 3+ years of related experience required
* Ph.D Life Sciences preferred
* 1-2 years of hands-on experience with Next Generation Sequencing platforms required
* 1-2 years of experience in a range of molecular biology techniques and knowledge preferred
* Project Management experience preferred
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
* Knowledge of CLIA and CAP laboratory regulations