We are seeking a highly motivated and collaborative scientist to support and drive research efforts to discover and develop novel therapies for the treatment of chronic metabolic and fibrotic diseases. This opportunity is with a leading Biotechnology company located in Foster City, CA, and is offered on an initial 6 month contract. This opportunity offers a highly competitive pay rate and access to overtime.
- Independently design/ develop, perform and manage experiments cell-based assays on cell lines and primary human cell cultures to support validation of novel therapeutics.
- Proactively troubleshoot technical issues and recommend potential corrective actions based on personal observations and literature searches.
Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- Master's degree with at least 2-4 years of experience or Bachelor's degree with 4-6 years of experience in pharmaceutical sciences, cell biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry.
- Technical expertise in performing cell-based assays using human/rodent primary cells or cell lines (ideally using stellate cells, fibroblasts and immune cells).
- Operational understanding of modern cell biology and pharmacology techniques including methods to evaluate cell signaling (western blot, immunoprecipitation), gene expression analysis, frozen/fresh tissue handing (homogenization, cell isolation), immunoassays (eg. ELISA, MSD, or Luminex, flow cytometry).
Please apply with your most up to date resume to be considered.