Scientist/Sr. Scientist - In Vitro Biology
We are seeking an ambitious and creative scientist who will join our growing research team in Palo Alto. This role will contribute to the expansion of our research portfolio by developing assay strategies to advance the discovery and validation of novel cardio immunology therapies. This position is ideal for an experienced, motivated and goal-oriented scientist who will thrive in a fast-paced and innovative environment.
- Design and execution of in vitro assays to identify and validate novel therapeutics using cell-free and cell based models.
- Develop assays to investigate, potency, selectivity, ADME, and bioactivity of molecules.
- Develop new assays and initiate new experimental approaches to investigate mode of action; Translate these proof-of-concept assays into high-quality, streamlined sensitive protocols
- Participate in troubleshooting of methods with internal partners and/CROs.
- Analyze data and maintain clear laboratory records, protocols, summaries, and reports.
- Prepare and present experimental results to project and team leads and external stakeholders.
- PhD or MSc 3+ years or 7+ relevant experience post bachelor's degree.
- Proficient in various innovative biophysical, biochemical and/or cellular assay platforms and workflows relevant to in vitro pharmacology (i.e. ELISA, MSD, Luminex, biochemical assays, enzyme kinetics, Western Blot, RNA and protein expression methods, microscopy etc.)
- A highly engaged scientist with the desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, with both a collaborative and goal/results-orientated style.
- Critical thinking with the ability to analyze possibilities and prioritize solutions
- Experience with in vivo models and methods would be a plus
- Good understanding of drug development process and relevant assays
- Strong preference for biologics experience in industry environment
- A positive, collaborative attitude with a problem-solving, goal orientated mindset.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- To perform this duty the employee must have the ability to sit or stand at and operate a computer terminal and walk or travel within the facility. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, with the ability to commute into the office at least 4 days a week.