Scientist/Sr. Scientist - In Vivo Biology
Palo Alto, CA
We are seeking a highly driven scientist to join our dynamic research team in Palo Alto. This role will contribute to the growth of our research portfolio by developing assay strategies to advance the discovery and validation of novel cardio immunology therapies. This position is ideal for a talented, highly motivated and results driven individual who will thrive in a fast-paced, innovative, start-up environment.
- Design and execute in vivo studies to assess pharmacological and biological properties of therapeutics molecules.
- Execute experiments following IACUC protocols, laboratory procedures, and safety standards
- Execute experiments to assess phenotype using histology and/or PD biomarkers (e.g. Luminex, Western, flow cytometry, etc.)
- Participate in troubleshooting of methods with internal partners and/CROs.
- Analyze data and maintain clear laboratory records, protocols, summaries, and reports
- Prepare and present experimental results to project and team leads and external stakeholders
- D. or MSc 3+ years or 7+ relevant experience post bachelor's degree.
- Must be proficient in murine handling, dosing (PO, IV, IP, SC), survival and terminal blood collection (SM, tail nick, cardiac puncture), and tissue harvesting at necropsy including fixation, freezing and tissue disaggregation to support ex vivo analyses
- A highly engaged scientist with the desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, with both a collaborative and goal/results-orientated style.
- Critical thinking with the ability to analyze possibilities and prioritize solutions
- Experience with in vitro assays and methods would be a plus.
- Good understanding of drug development process and relevant assays.
- Industry experience.
- A positive, collaborative attitude with a problem-solving, goal orientated mindset.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
- To perform this duty the employee must have the ability to sit or stand at and operate a computer terminal and walk or travel within the facility. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
- This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, with the ability to commute into the office at least 4 days a week.