My well-known client is looking for a Scrum Master for a 6 months + remote contract to start ASAP. Our client is at the forefront of innovation whilst pushing boundaries and you will be given the freedom and support you need to make an impact.
Job Description: Scrum Master
Leeds / remote
You will work with one of the UK's most established organisations. With over 20 million customers at the heart of everything, they do the scope and impact of your work is limitless. As a team, they are not afraid to try new technologies and new ways of working.
The key responsibility for our scrum masters is to help our squads be the best that they can be, support them in removing blockers and working with the product owner to ensure that the team understands and is bought-in to their vision.
We would also expect you to:
- Work as part of a scrum team(s), coaching on how to increase efficiency and quality of delivery, whilst also driving a continuous improvement mindset.
- Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on learning and problem-solving.
- Work within a multi-skilled team on multiple applications and products that have a diverse audience
- Support the continuous review and management of roadmaps and backlogs with Product Owners & Stakeholders.
- Coach and lead various Agile activities and workshops within the wider development community.
- Act as a servant leader, building empowerment, a sense of community, growth and serving others.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and, at times, conflict resolution within development squads and the wider tribe, enabling the right conversations to be had at the right time, ensuring everyone participates and is involved.
- Experience in the scrum master role within a fast-paced software development team.
- You will be confident in diligently applying agile practices with good knowledge of various Agile approaches: Scrum, Kanban, XP etc.
- A continuous improvement mindset. Identifying areas to improve and finding the right time and methods to implement.
- Experience of technology delivery and the demands it can bring.
- Superb coaching and mentoring approach that instils a self-sufficiency mindset.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and social skills at all levels and have proven ability to influence decisions in a fast-paced commercial environment.
- A firm grasp on estimation and coaching others on story points, velocity or other forms of metrics and the benefits of collecting data and being data driven.