About our client:
Our client is currently looking for a Back End Developer on a contract basis based remotely within Australia working for a growing FinTech. This organisation has a strong engineering ethos and you will be helping to shape the customer platform which will enhance their experience. You will be integral to the team ensuring the delivery of significant platform upgrades, including tools and operating environment.
The team is a cross-functional Agile team consisting of Software Engineers, Product Managers, UX, BA's, Data & Delivery/Scrum Master. They welcome diverse opinions and are constantly looking for ways to improve their processes and tools.
About the role:
- Solid skills in building core web development technologies such as Java, Kotlin
- Collaborate with a cross-functional product development team to bring static designs forward providing constructive feedback to optimise implementation
- Implement features and UI iterations for existing frontend apps in ReactJS or Angular
- Implement best practices for web application design, performance and security.
- Provide guidance and assistance to the UI/UX development team
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers and engineers.
- At least 5 years previous experience in Back -End Development role using Java
- Strong knowledge and skills in Kotlin
- Experience with modern React practices, such as hooks and functional components.
- Some exposure to Cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP & Azure
- Experience integrating with bespoke APIs, specifically with Redux store and React hooks.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in technology or design disciplines
What's on offer?
- Cutting edge technology stack
- Flexible working culture: working remotely until further notice
- Agile team / Spotify structure
- Friendly, fun & motivated working environment