Growing Biotech Company is looking for a Sr. Bioinformatics Programmer/ Software Engineer. Open on experience level, with salary flexible based years of relevant experience/education. Onsite role in Emeryville, CA. Sponsorship or visa transfer can be considered.
The ideal candidate will have:
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, or a closely related field
- At least five years of biotech or pharma industry experience in software engineering
- Experience with AWS cloud computing development
- Experience with computational biology, and/or working closely with bioinformaticians and lab scientists on biologically related projects.
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, Linux, Docker.
- Proficiency in web UI development using Plotly Dash, React.js or other
- Familiar with microservices and REST APIs
- Knowledge of NGS and Nextflow
- Experience in database design, implementation and best practices (NoSQL and SQL)
- Experience with best software development practices such as unit testing, code reviews, and version control
- Effective oral and written communication, prioritization, and organizational skills
If this is you, please apply here for immediate consideration.