Senior Data Analyst / Senior Reporting Lead
PLEASE NOTE - THIS ROLE REQUIRES YOU TO BE BASED IN SYDNEY AND HAVE FULL WORKING RIGHTS
Rate: $850-950 + super, per day
Duration: 8 months initially
Location: Sydney (hybrid working - CBD office)
Our client is an established Australian Financial Services organisation, looking to kick off a number of projects within their Data & Analytics space.
The purpose for this role is to lead and undertake complex analysis for data & analytics, reporting and dashboard projects. This role will sit within the Data and Analytics practice and will have a dotted line to GM. The role also needs to closely work with business & product owners, report developers, testers and vendors to successfully deliver complex and integrated reporting and data solutions that meet business needs.
- Manage and execute elaboration sessions from a leadership perspective. Facilitate incoming initiatives and undertake triage during ideation.
- Coach and mentor the reporting analyst team.
- Act as key business contact point for end-to-end delivery of initiatives.
- Support the Reporting Manager as and when required for business operations.
- Provide expert knowledge on BI tools and reporting to ensure business engagement discussions are guided towards achieving excellence in both the BI tool and reporting outcomes.
- Liaise with the business to understand requirements and translate into technical specifications for user stories in JIRA.
- Conduct complex data analysis, data mapping and data modelling to identify technical solutions using SQL to understand and define the attributes and map the correlation of the entities.
- Translate Business Process into mapping and design concepts.
- Capture and maintain all documentation relating to requirement analysis.
- Collaborate with all levels of the business and IT including project managers, scrum masters, business analysts, solution architects, developers, data engineers, testers and external vendors.
- Provide thought leadership on technical business analysis standards and methodologies and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Participate in key agile rituals across the scrum team and support systems testing and user acceptance testing.
- Contribute to data governance by escalating data quality issues and inconsistencies for assessment and remediation.
- 10+ years of experience as a Technical Business Analyst/Senior Data Analyst on data and reporting projects.
- 3+ years' experience in managing a team of individuals.
- Experience in a variety of data & reporting and projects, specifically Agile environments.
- Indepth experience in requirements gathering, data analysis and data modelling.
- Extensive Business Process mapping and design experience.
- Strong analytical and design skills, accompanied by practical development experience in Extract, Transform, Load (ETL).
- Strong SQL skills.
- A broad range of experience in technical reporting analysis applications in a complex information system environment.
- Experience working with developments and build in reporting, data visualisation and business intelligence solutions
Please submit your CV asap and I will get back to you with more details if suitable.