Hydrogen Group are currently looking to recruit a Senior Data Architect for a large consultancy. The role is a permanent position, and the base location is in Manchester. The consultancy works a hybrid work pattern so there is an expectation to be onsite a couple of days per week. The company of a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package.
As a senior data architect, the expectation is to deliver the vision for the organisation's use of data as set by the lead data architect, providing guidance in the architecture and design of data within the firm's application landscape.
- Undertake structured analysis of business data requirements, translating this analysis into data models and designs that comprise the data components of a solution in collaboration with technical and business architects and product teams in order to satisfy functional and non-functional requirements.
- Ensure data is of consistent design across the systems which use it.
- Create and maintain organisational knowledge about data and the systems it moves through enabling data to be managed as an asset.
- Can be consulted on the data design of a solution and are capable of providing reusable, data design patterns to ensure consistent data.
- Are familiar with a range of database and integration technologies so can be consulted on the data design of a solution.
- Can identify potential risks to data by poor design decisions and can explain these to stakeholders
- Look for opportunities to collaborate and reuse data components, communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Work with Product Management and Technical Architects to define data roadmaps for products
- Regularly connect with fellow architects to draw on and share expertise and experiences
- Ensure data architectural decisions align to agreed standards and guidelines or seek exceptions as required
- Contribute to populating and evolving the broader reference data architecture, best practice, and data leadership
- Communication skills (data) - Bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical. Making and guiding decisions
- Translate business needs into data design
- Data Modelling
- Metadata management
- Strategic thinking within data architecture
- Data governance and data standard
- Problem resolutions
- Capable of supporting production of strategy for the management of data
- Data Innovation
- Data analysis and synthesis
- Data communications
Please note that you the successful candidate must have the legal right to work within the UK.