My client is a leading financial organisation who are continuing their journey with multiple projects where they are looking for Data Engineers. This client is working on multiple projects which would give you an exciting opportunity to cutting edge Technology tools.
This role offers a great chance to join a team of Engineering Manager's, Data experts and Project Manager's working on cutting edge, highly complex ETL design and Big Data tools. The position will also give you the chance to gain exposure to a range of other languages/technologies.
The ideal candidate will have experience working on similar projects working heavily with Big Data Tools and ETL design.
The key responsibilities will include.
- Create repeatable and reusable ingestion and curation code in accordance with the architecture
- Populate Data Lake and Data model for new the sources that haven't been incorporated into big data ecosystem
- Low level design implementing ETL processes/pipelines where required
- Delivery of data curation Jobs, including development, testing and implementation using CI/CD framework
- Ingest structured / unstructured data in Real time, Near real time or batch cadence into the AWS S3
- Responsible for ensuring the production services are optimally configured and aligned to best practices to protect production data.
Looking for the following skills/experience.
- Working experience with cloud platforms such as AWS & GCP
- Strong experience with Python
- Proven experience building data working with tools such as Spark and Kafka
- Highly skilled in all aspects of SQL and PL/SQL
- Low level design or reusable framework experience highly regarded
- AWS: redshift, S3, lambda beneficial
- Working experince with tools such as Snowflake or Databricks
What's on offer?
This is an excellent opportunity to work on a great contract where you will have access to market leading tools, expert colleagues and a modern working environment. This opportunity offers a competitive daily rate as well as other excellent benefits. If you are interested in this role, please press apply.