About our Client
I am currently working with an international financial services organisation who are undertaking a large data transformation. The goal is to build a cloud native data platform allowing the business to move away from a traditional Data warehouse solution.
This is a greenfield opportunity, the project is in the initiation phase and this role will lead data modelling for the Australian market. You will play a key role in modelling all data as it is migrated from the tradition DW to the new cloud big data solution. Once the platform is built and migrated you will work closely with the lead architect and data science team to develop of advance analytical tools and services for the platform.
A highly experienced Data modeller is needed to bridge the gap between the engineering team and key business stakeholders to ensure the self-serve platform is fit for purpose.
You will be the master of your own destiny within this organisation. My client is looking for future business leaders and will invest heavily to develop you into thought leaders around Data modelling and data architecture.
- Proven career in the data domain, ideally 5-10 years starting in the DW before moving into a data modelling role;
- Passion for data modelling working across a range of banking data sets with a wealth of knowledge working with both conceptual, physical and logical models;
- Exceptional Data modelling skills, data vault, dimensional, 3NF, XML, JSON;
- Exposure to big data across any enterprise level platform, data lake and data hubs;
- A background in data engineering strong ETL, modelling and SQL skills. Exposure across traditional data technologies, database exposure across Teradata, IBM, MySQL, Oracle, DB2 is highly desirable;
- Exceptional SQL skills;
- Proven experience working on end to end project delivery supporting solution designers, architects and business stakeholders;
- Strong consulting skills with proven senior stakeholder management expertise working in complex environments.
The Successful candidate
With both permanent and contract positions available we encourage candidates with skills in the above area to contact the team at Hydrogen for confidential discussions. We are seeking intellectually capable, personable and change driven individuals who want to be part of a market leading consulting organisation. First class communication skills in both the written and verbal form will be required.
What's on offer?
The opportunity to work with world class thought leaders in the digital transformation, Big data, Data science, RPA and AI space.
International and local career progression.
Competitive salaries depending on experience (roles range from $160,000 + super - 180,000 + super and bonus).