This role provides the unique opportunity to support a global legal team looking at the way the world views data protection compliance across a broad range diverse and innovative businesses, products and services. The ideal candidate will be directly involved when launching new programs, and team up with their business lawyers when guiding senior business leaders. You will advise the clients' various business clients on privacy matters across all of our European locales, and potentially beyond. You will be part of a broader team that handles privacy matters, including regulatory affairs, globally.
This position requires great judgment and common sense, as well as very strong written and verbal communication skills, and great attention to detail. We are looking for candidates who are innovative, progressive, extremely hands-on, and customer-obsessed professionals. In addition, they must be proactive and fast-moving when necessary to complete projects in a timely fashion.
- Working with senior leaders, data protection officers, business lawyers, and tech-teams to ensure ongoing compliance with data protection laws across Europe, including GDPR and national legislation;
- Developing internal privacy programs for handling privacy issues in creative, business-centric ways and building processes that address risk and allow the business flexibility and freedom to move quickly;
- Outside counsel management;
- Management and conduct of internal audits of our privacy programs; and
- Taking the lead on a wide range of regulatory inquiries, including direct engagement with regulators.
Basic Qualifications include;
- Fully qualified lawyer with outstanding legal qualification from one of our core European jurisdictions (France, Germany, Italy, Luxembourg, Spain or United Kingdom);
- 10+ years post-qualification experience, thereof minimum 2 years at a top tier/highly ranked law firm, and a focus on privacy and regulatory during the last 2 years;
- Excellent English language skills that include the ability to draft complex legal briefs.