Senior Test Analyst - Data
PLEASE NOTE - THIS ROLE REQUIRES YOU TO BE BASED IN SYDNEY AND HAVE FULL WORKING RIGHTS
Salary: $130-140k + super
Location: Sydney (remote working - occasional visit to office)
The Senior Test Analyst will work within the Quality Assurance team to provide a range of testing services to ensure the successful release and deployment of software to the wider business. This will be predominately focused on Data Warehouse testing within the Data team.
- Work with the Data scrum team to understand their needs and provide input to improve quality in every possible way.
- Involved in all data scrum teamwork requests raised by both internal and external teams to ensure these are brought to closure after detailed testing.
- Ensure "Test-Driven Delivery" is followed by adopting a shift-left testing approach and performing the role of gatekeeper for production release.
- Understand the environment architecture, different applications, data flow process and its limitations from the testing front. Later, formulate a fit-for-purpose, risk-based test approach with available resources.
- Support the continuous improvement of quality standards as well as code quality, by conducting reviews and walkthroughs with the data scrum team.
- In order to improve quality across the delivery life cycle, introduce meaningful, viable and feasible quality standards which can be adopted and followed by the team.
- Formulate well thought through test approach for all relevant changes i on the data platform and ensure the best possible test coverage is obtained.
- Ensure that all test artefacts across the planning and execution phases is thoroughly and clearly documented.
- Ensure the following components are addressed during planning and execution:
- Functional testing (business outcomes focused)
- Data completeness
- Data Accuracy checks
- Error and Exception Handling
- ETL process checks
- Data Retention
- Unhappy / Negative scenario validation
- Support the QA Manager and Data Test Lead in the implementation of automated testing on the data platform.
- Prepare production release notes for every release.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of quality assurance, automated testing, continuous delivery and agile practices by collaborating with the team and keeping up to date with modern software development / data warehousing practices.
- Proven experience as a Senior Test Analyst
- Experience carrying out Test Planning, stakeholder management, manual testing
- Knowledge of testing principles, methods, tools and technologies, including plans, scenarios, strategies and related procedures
- Experience designing and developing Test Plans and Test Cases with minimal Requirements and Design documents
- Advanced SQL skills
- Comprehensive understanding of Data Warehouses, Business Intelligence and Analytics systems.
- 5+ years of Database and ETL testing
- Ability to work autonomously and act as the point of contact on projects where required
- Proven experience in using industry standard Testing Techniques, including the use of decision tables and state transition diagrams
- Experience in an Agile software development and testing environment
- ISTQB certified Advance Technical Test Analyst or similar is preferred
- Industry experience within Superannuation/Investments is preferred
- Experience working within a DevOps environment is preferred
- Proven track record of a positive "Can Do" attitude is required.
Please submit your CV asap and I will get back to you with more details if suitable.