Senior Electrical Engineer
Kansas City, MO
Contract to hire
Responsible for developing, reviewing and/or approving Electrical Engineering Design change packages and calculations in support of maintenance or capital projects at a nuclear power facility.
- Conceives, plans, and coordinates investigations of considerable scope and complexity with unique or controversial problems which have a major effect on company projects and programs.
- Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with key individuals of other organizations, requiring skill in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- This position is responsible for being a specialist and is considered an authority for the company in an area of technical responsibility.
- Provide leadership, guidance, and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Provide advanced technical advice to staff.
- Assist with supervision of staff on major projects.
- Regularly meets and corresponds with clients or outside personnel.
- Oversee a project team of 1 to 4 engineers, designers, and CADD personnel.
- Verify and/or perform all design calculations.
- Interface with clients on schedules, contracts, estimates, the scope of work requirements, etc.
- Attend/conduct all required meetings throughout the project duration.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering from an accredited program.
- Minimum 7 years of related experience in the nuclear industry (completion of a master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of experience).
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Previous nuclear operating plant experience preferred.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Knowledge of 10CFR50.59 process.
- Nuclear Modification, Engineering Change Package Experience.
- Equipment and System Design Experience.
- Experienced in design reviews and design reviews preparation.
*The anticipated hourly rate for this position is between $59-62 USD. We encourage candidates of all levels to apply as there may be flexibility on final job title and responsibilities. The salary offer will be based on a variety of factors, including experience, qualifications, internal equity, etc.