Senior Medical Adviser, Cardiorenal
- To provide medical support to the local Business Unit to support the local business needs of the organization to ensure business success.
- To provide medical input to the local, regional and global (when requested) Marketing strategy and plans.
- To assist in development of the clinical sections of promotional materials, visual aids, advertisements etc.
- To provide a source of expertise to advise on medical aspects of the conduct of clinical trials, domestic trials, commercial activities and product support.
- To participate in Marketing & Sales operations, including product strategy, campaign development, sales force training, ABPI signatory work (coordination) and Public Relations issue management.
- To contribute to the design and conduct of Local and Regional Marketing activities and domestic trials including budgetary planning and cost monitoring.
- To assist in the dissemination of balanced, substantiated and relevant information about the company s products on request to the medical and pharmacy professions and to Company's Medical Affairs and Marketing & Sales personnel.
- To establish and maintain scientific and clinical expertise with respect to relevant indications, as well as technological and competitive development in the respective Therapeutic Area.
- To establish relationships with Thought Leaders (TLs) and Health Care providers and communicate product data and Investigator Initiated Research (IIR) strategy through e.g., regular meetings, presentations, site visits, email contacts.
- To coordinate NIS activities in the country and give protocol and CRF input when requested.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Proactive team member, able to delegate tasks in a timely and appropriate manner within the team.
- Works effectively within, and lead a variety of medical, cross functional and ad hoc teams at local, national and global levels.
- To identify and respond positively to changing customer and organisational needs.
- To assist in the formulation and planning of UK strategy for life cycle management of specified marketed Company's products.
- Accountability for agreement of Country Medical Affairs Plan with Global medical Affairs, and delivering plan in designated therapy area(s)
- To contribute to the design and conduct of ICDP, ICMP and domestic clinical trials conducted in the UK
- To assist in the prioritisation of projects.
- To act as a first point of contact between R&D and commercial function at UK and Global level.
- To provide medical support for local and international regulatory activities.
- To provide clinical leadership in obtaining health technology approvals for Company's products, in partnership with Health Economics and Outcomes Research.
- To assist in issue management for Company's products, including media contact where needed
- To assist with planning and management of IIR/Registries and other Phase IV studies as appropriate Implementation/Achieving Results
- To identify and tackle obstacles and problems in projects and studies.
- To liaise closely with key opinion leaders and investigators to solve problems
- Work to schedules and negotiate necessary changes in line with compliance, commercial, regulatory and development needs.
- Manage and assess information to provide high level technical and medical input into strategic and tactical planning.
- Be aware of sources and methods of managing data.
- To be lead author of final reports for clinical studies and to manage the subsequent investigator publication of multinational and domestic clinical studies.
- To author publications where necessary in line with Company's Global Publications Policy.
- To provide appropriate medical advice on marketed products and clinical trials for investigators, prescribers, pharmacists and members of the public outside normal office hours.
- To make (and maintain) contact with investigators and key opinion leaders.
- Ascertain customer needs, delivers within time frames.
- Provide input at a Global level ie through RMAT/GMAT for all relevant product/therapeutic area(s)
- To develop, approve and deliver Sales Force training as required.
- To liaise as required with patient groups, in line with appropriate regulations and SOPs
- Attendance at local, Global and International strategic planning meetings as appropriate.
- Attendance at international conferences. Attendance of other symposia and training courses.
- Using literature and other media to gain necessary background and current expertise.
- Able to become familiar with varying therapeutic areas according to need.
- To keep updated on ICH GCP, ABPI Code of Practice including allied issues.
Please note the therapy area for this role is CardioRenal, with a future outlook of CardioVascular as well.
Who you are:
- Fully GMC registered medical practitioner or GPhC registered pharmacist with a minimum of 2 years post registration clinical experience.
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical Industry
- Qualified ABPI final signatory
- Desirable to have passed Diploma in Pharmaceutical Medicine (Membership of the Faculty of Pharmaceutical Physicians, UK would be an advantage).
- Preferably holds a higher medical professional qualification (e.g., MRCP, FRCS, etc) and/or intercalated BSc.
- Being eligible to enrol/Enrolled in HMT/PMST in pharmaceutical medicine
- Member of recognised medical defence organisation
- Member of professional medical associations relevant to the therapeutic area.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Commercial awareness