Senior Project Manager / Program Manager
PLEASE NOTE - THIS ROLE REQUIRES YOU TO BE BASED IN SYDNEY AND HAVE FULL WORKING RIGHTS
Rate: $1100-1250 per day, including super
Duration: 6 months initially (plus 12 month extension)
Location: Sydney (remote working - occasional visit to office)
Our client is an established Australian Financial Services organisation, looking to kick off a large Data Warehouse / Data Reporting piece of work.
The successful candidate will initially be required to create a business case and set out the project roadmap. The PM will also be required to successfully manage senior, GM level stakeholder management.
- Work closely with the program owner and key stakeholders to formulate business cases to obtain funding approval for initiatives
- In conjunction with the Program Owner and Business Program Manager, drive project governance (including joint steering groups and working groups) and interface with portfolio governance groups, vendors, delivery managers and other internal stakeholders with executive level standards of language
- Use your leadership and soft-skills to drive strong engagement of broad set of stakeholders, develop high-performing cross-functional teams and achieve a 'one team' culture that empowers and embeds accountability
- Call on your extensive program/project management experience to actively manage the end-to-end delivery of the project; including proactive inter-project dependency management, stakeholder readiness and multiple vendors/suppliers deliverables
- Actively manage individual sub projects or streams of work and manage dependencies effectively
- Manage the delivery of required technical (and non-technical components where agreed) including oversight and alignment of external components and necessary change management to ensure smooth transition to BAU and the new target operating model
- Contribute to management of the Technology Program budget and ongoing financial forecasts
- Management of risk, issue, resource planning, project financial management and reporting; ensuring alignment with and adoption of governance and execution standards defined by the Delivery Centre of Excellence
- Draw on your experience and mindset to help evolve delivery practices while embracing Dev/Ops engineering, testing, enterprise architecture and change management practices to achieve delivery excellence
- Working closely with the Portfolio Delivery Manager, Program Owner, Business Program Manager, IT BAU Operational Owners and key Stakeholders to ensure that the program has a clearly defined and articulated, fit-for purpose, sustainable technology delivery model that delivers business outcomes suited to the unique characteristics of the listings compliance uplift program.
- Promotes a one-team and collaborative culture across all parties
- Ensure that the program is optimally structured and resourced to support the technology delivery model and deliver on the key outcomes and benefits, working with functional line managers and stakeholders where appropriate
- Ensure Operational effectiveness is delivered to ensure sustainable future continuous improvements models within the BAU operating model, in consultation with the BAU and Lines of Business (LoB) Leadership team
- Proven delivery experience within Data Warehouse / Data Reporting
- Must have business case creation experience
- Strong background in hybrid (Tech and Business) environments
- Previous experience within Financial Services / Capital Markets would be beneficial
- Outstanding leadership and organisational skills
- Proven strong delivery focus, results oriented and customer service mindset
- Ability to influence, collaborate, motivate and work with multiple stakeholders to deliver quality outcomes
- Highly self-motivated and directed. Motivating teams and driving accountability through your enthusiasm and sense of urgency building a 'one team' culture
- Growth mindset and a committed approach to getting things done in a safe and pragmatic way
- Ability to see the 'big picture' behind initiatives and pivot to achieve broader team and organisational objectives
- Be passionate about making a difference by helping evolve agile practices and mindset and embracing engineering practices to achieve delivery excellence
- Ability to be hands-on to drive required outcomes
Please submit your CV asap and I will get back to you with more details if suitable.