Python Developer (Senior)
£850-£950 p/d Inside
The individual should be someone passionate for software development, particularly historically focused on delivering data products to production.
Looking for software engineers looking for a new challenge, working on relatively complex backend services written in Python and hosted on the Google Cloud Platform.
· Software - You are an expert software engineer and will work in team of focused engineers building real time live backend services. You will be a key contributor of one or more data products as part of a portfolio of commercial products, and these products are often backed or have baked in elements of data science and machine learning.
· Technology - You will lead a team through a complicated technology landscape. You have experience working with cloud and open-source technologies, and choosing appropriate technologies required to build the services required.
· Quality - You work with your management chain to determine and ensure coding, testing, performance standards related to software engineering are built into the team and adhered to.
· Operations - Work closely with the Platform Engineering team to ensure data products are deployed in an optimal configuration on our existing data platforms, and you will take responsibility for the operation of real time services used.
- Strong knowledge of Python and relevant libraries.
- Preferably very proficient with Google Cloud Platform.
- Experience with things like CI/CD pipelines, Docker or similar, cloud hosting, good software engineering practices.
· 5+ years' experience in software development, with several years working on real time services in a cloud environment, building the backend for high performance web or mobile sites.
· Evidence of experience choosing appropriate technologies and architecture in solving complex problem with performance requirements
· Evidence of owning a backend service end to end, ensuring the service is performance, available and accurate.