Reporting to the Senior Manager in Data Solutions, you will be part of the Data Solutions Extended Leadership Team (ELT). You will manage processes and personnel to conduct quality assurance testing, typically within a software development organisation or department. The Senior Quality Manager develops effective and efficient methods, maintains documentation throughout the QA process, and communicates with development teams to provide a reliable, consistent, and positive end user experience.
Day to day you will be…
· Accountable for the end to end test execution of change in Data Solutions, including all test phases beyond the build phase to ensure production grade quality, as well as the responsibility for the testing roadmap in Data Solutions.
· Champion the adoption of industry good practice across the enterprise and provide Technical Leadership & Strategic direction to a diverse quality team.
· Accountable for the definition of the test strategy for programmes of work in collaboration with the Development teams to shift testing left and reduce our cost of change.
· Establishing robust processes and procedures, preparing documents that outline quality requirements.
· Managing the day-to-day activities of quality team members, including scheduling / managing ongoing projects, conducting employee training and evaluation. All while supporting the Senior Manager with agile transition activities.
- Accountable for effective Relationship Management to 3rd party testing managed services to ensure conformance to group standards. In addition, they will play a critical role in working with the 3rd party on transformational activities to enable productivity improvements
- Driving transformation improvements including the introduction of "shift left"/ early start testing
· Monitoring the effectiveness of the testing function and bring about improvements through insights gained via analysis at all stages of the SDLC/STLC
· Designing and developing the test automation framework, harnesses and code libraries to enable the team to both use and enhance them across successive projects
- Responsible for the identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements to testing and implementation standards and supporting processes
- Championing the adoption of industry good practice across the enterprise
· Accountable for the process's and governance that is required to ensure Quality is at the forefront of delivery and MI is produced to support this.
- Responsible and accountable for the identification, prioritisation and implementation of improvements to the VM testing standards, processes, supporting procedures, guidelines and templates.
- Accountable for defining & generating comprehensive testing MI to measure effectiveness and efficiency of the Testing team against industry benchmarks
To be brilliant you will bring…
- Previous experience in leading multiple teams through the testing of major portfolio's or programs.
- The ability to understand complex change quickly, to assess testing requirements, to plan test execution and to communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- A genuine desire to support and develop others.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of working in agile and waterfall developments.
- Experience of full stack development and/or test automation and tooling.
· Superb stakeholder management & influencing skills across a broad range of technical and non-technical stakeholders and all levels within the Group.
· Great presentation, oral and written communication skills with an ability to convey complex technical concepts and issues to non-technical colleagues.
We would love it if you had…
· Expert level Quality Assurance and Test Management experience, ideally within an agile and a waterfall environment.
· Experience of building new teams and establishing new ways of working while retaining a focus on the core responsibilities and outcomes for the team.
· A real desire to get stuck in and help to develop and drive change in a team.