A global biotechnology company based in Boston are hiring for a Senior Research Associate to join their formulation development team on an initial 6 month basis with the possibility to extend. This amazing company are looking for an organised and resilient individual to join their team.
Some experience in HPLC, physical, analytical, organic or Biochemistry would be advantageous for this position. Here you would be working as a dedicated scientist to discover, develop and commercialize therapies for patients with serious diseases. You will be part of the preclinical formulation group to play a hands-on role in driving the selection of drug candidates for clinical evaluation. The ideal candidate has a fundamental understanding of chemistry and physics and has direct experience in a research lab.
Pay Range: $35-40 (based on experience)
Some Key Duties:
- Execute laboratory experiments and interpret analytical data to meet established project timelines
- Prepare preclinical formulations of small molecule drug candidates to be dosed by various routes of administration for pharmacology, PK, and toxicology studies
- Evaluate the physicochemical/solid state properties of lead candidates to aid in advancement to the clinic (e.g., solubility and stability in bio-relevant media, thermal analysis, etc)
Some Key Skill Requirements
- A degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering (or closely related major) with coursework in at least the following branches: physical, analytical, organic, and biochemistry.
- Experience as an Undergraduate Researcher Coop, or Intern conducting experiments in the laboratory (beyond course-associated work)
- Working knowledge of solid-state analytical techniques including: XRPD, DSC, TGA, DVS considered a plus
- HPLC experience considered a plus
- Master's degree in chemistry, pharmaceutical chemistry, biochemistry, chemical engineering (or closely related major)
- The candidate will have completed coursework in at least the following areas: physical, analytical, and organic chemistry
If you feel that you are right for this role, please apply with a recent resume!