About our client:
Our client is currently looking for a Security Engineer to join a growing engineering team. They are an Australian organization with very engineering-led culture. They have a significant pipeline of projects for the next few years in a range of different product areas.
We are looking for a Security Engineer to join a growing engineering team on a 10- months contract role. Candidates can be based in Melbourne or Sydney or Brisbane. High chances of extension. Roadmap for long time period.
This role is part of the Security Architecture and Engineering Team
- Good understanding of security standards such as ISO27001 and PCI-DSS, and knowledge of risk management guidelines and frameworks such as ISO27005 and ISO31000.
- Demonstrable experience of risk assessment, security best practice and practical application of security controls in an enterprise environment.
- Practical experience with security technologies such as firewalls, web and mail gateway filtering, AV, IDS/IPS, WAF, SIEM, FIM, IDAM, security monitoring, threat intelligence and security analytics
- Basic understanding of secure software development and related guidelines / standards (e.g. OWASP Top 10)
- Appreciation of the need for governance in a heavily regulated environment
- Ability to design security controls that meet not just security objectives but meet the requirements of the business strategy
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to execute within an agile or waterfall project environment
- Constant improvement mindset
- Leadership qualities
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or other security qualification (desirable)