The software developer's role is to lead and mentor other developers, design, code, test, and analyze software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production lifecycle. The software developer will also analyze and amend software errors in a timely and accurate fashion and provide status reports where required.
- Senior software developers are responsible for designing, testing, and implementing new and updated software programs. They take on a managerial role and lead the development team with all software development tasks. Their job is to ensure all projects are completed on time and to company specifications.
- Conduct research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Bachelors degree in computer science or related field OR equivalent work experience.
- In addition to the education requirements, ten years related experience.