Senior Data Engineer, Fintech - Reading / Remote - Up to £95,000 Plus Benefits
My client, an exciting Fintech is seeking a Senior Data Engineer to join their team, the role is based in Reading, UK but can be done remotely as well.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer who can own and manage the data models, complete the mapping of the datastore providing robust and reliable data to end users and shaping the future data strategy.
Key duties / Responsibilities:
· Lead the design and operations of the company's data management and processes from raw data gathering to visualisation.
· Design and execute analysis from understanding business functions through delivery and presentation of results.
· Manage the core data models developed in collaboration with business stakeholders.
· Work with Business Stakeholders in creating and delivering business analysis reports that drive key business decisions.
· Manage data governance with the IT Team.
· Complete the mapping of the entire business dataset in the datastore.
· Manage baseline ontology to track and update as the business evolves, communicating the structure and update as required.
· Complete the ontology and mapping for the remaining datasets.
· Manage source datasets, containers and configure the mapping and data model management tool.
· Oversee overall transformation and publishing of data.
· Manage the data cataloguing and labelling of new datasets and ensure mapped and configured correctly.
· Develop and maintain large complex data sets across the business ensuring one source of truth so that data terms are consistent.
· Test and Deploy data models to production using Agile.
· Demonstrate the value of data and data derived actionable insights to the business.
· Meet all legal and regulatory standards (e.g GDPR)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
To qualify for this truly unique Senior Data Engineer opportunity applicants must possess:
· Previous 'hand on' experience of Data Modelling, creating and using complex data models and Schemas (Preferably creating a data ontology).
· Successful track history of Data Engineering, Cleansing and Mapping Data. Ideally previous experience creating one source of truth for the business. Experience creating a data catalogue is preferable.
· Knowledge of XML / XML Schemas
· Experience using UML's ideally Sparx Systems Enterprise Architect.
· Understanding of the concepts behind Object Orientated Programming Languages (e.g Java or c#)
This is a truly outstanding opportunity that offers successful Senior Data Engineer applicants unrivalled technical challenge, career progression and earnings potential.