My client, a well known Retail business based in London, has a need for an experienced Software Development Manager to join their team.
Ideal candidates will be true software engineering experts with proven credentials building and leading world class engineering teams.
- Depth of professional software engineering experience and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Awareness of current technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
- Hands on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
- Strong background in distributed systems and 'web scale' computing
- Proven track record in managing teams of software engineers through the full agile product development lifecycle whilst improving their skills and developing the teams
- Ability to handle multiple and competing priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Experience of running and supporting software in production
- Understanding of working in a matrix organization and owning all operational metrics and support
- Hands-on technical expertise of developing and managing well engineered solutions