Hydrogen Group are currently looking for solutions architects for a challenger bank. The 2 roles we have are both remote, but the candidates must have a legal right to work in the UK. The role is paying up to £580 inside IR35 and is an initial 6 month contract.
The successful solutions architect will be working closely with Business and Technology colleagues to ensure that design options are effectively evaluated and that robust recommendations are made.
Ongoing governance of project delivery against agreed designs and assessment of the impact of change requests on the high-level design Running design forums and workshops with developer, operational and business colleagues. Third party vendors will often be involved as well.
Provision of Solution Design estimates for input to Business Cases Involvement in internal improvement initiatives to develop the overall capability of the Solutions Design competency.
Working alongside Lead Solution Architects and with other designers within the Solutions Design competency to support the bank's business projects.
· Experience and expertise in solution architecture roles
· Experience of a range of technologies including, for example, Messaging & Middleware, Microservices, Cloud and Data Streaming
· Experience of working in waterfall and agile environments during the Software Development Life Cycle.
· Understanding and experience of design governance
· Ability to work with both Business and Technology stakeholders to build personal credibility in shaping of solutions to business problems
· Support planning - help drive the scope and delivery shape and schedule as well as the design
· Good influencing and interpersonal skills
· Ability to manage and resolve design risks and issues
· To ensure that designs adhere to agreed principles, policies and roadmaps, whilst meeting business requirements you will collaborate and work effectively with other professionals:
· A background in financial services would be desired but not essential.