An exciting permanent opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team based in Edinburgh that is re-thinking the way data is stored and consumed within a financial services institution. The role is for a solutions Architect or infrastructure designer whose role is to design products and services for the strategic data platform within the organisation.
The role as mentioned is in Edinburgh, the organisation does have flexible working but there is an expectation to be onsite a couple of days per week. The salary is very competitive plus there is an excellent benefits package.
- Working and collaborating as part of a wider development team, working to Agile/Scrum methodologies to deliver value for stakeholders and support the development team and Product Owner of the platform.
- Responsible for designing, documenting and having a detailed understanding of the company's strategic Cloud Data Platform and open-source toolsets.
- Liaising with Infrastructure, Security and Operational Readiness teams to support end-to-end development lifecycle and release to live.
- Act as a design and technical lead in the team, working independently to deliver and manage assigned work
- Help evaluate emerging or novel technologies, understanding how they would integrate into the company and the data platform.
- Feeding into the company's cloud strategy from a Data perspective, consideration for migration strategies from one cloud provider to another, integration of architecture in a multi-cloud strategy for a data platform.
- Perform the role of reviewing costs, cost optimisation and cost modelling for the Data Platform.
- Experience in multiple and emerging technologies. AWS/Azure, CI/CD, Spark, APIs, ETL/ELT, Lambda, Python and Jenkins are just a few of the skill sets used within the area.
- Understanding and awareness of the tooling delivered that will drive the data engineering, BI, analysis, reporting and data science activities for the organisation.
- Having a keen eye for detail, development of the platform understands the principles of IAAS and infrastructure as code and supports adoption of CI/CD methodologies, designers need awareness of these practices, data principles and DevOps practices.
- Strong understanding of platform security, data protection and information security principles
Experience and Knowledge
- AWS or Azure Cloud Experience
- Experience of Data and Analytics platforms using Cloud infrastructure.
- Infrastructure as code
- Real Time Data Flows - Kafka
- Jenkins or other CI/CD toolsets
- Cloud Formation
- Data Science tooling (R-Studio, Shiny, other).
- Machine Learning
- ETL Skills
- Agile methodologies