Solution Architect / Solution Designer
6 month rolling contract
Remote / UK
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
Your background should include experience of working with high volume e-commerce and/or highly transactional financial services applications and sites. As part of a multi skilled delivery team you will be expected to contribute across all areas of delivery and have a desire to learn new skills to support this. This is an exciting and challenging role for someone to develop their skills interpreting both functional and non-functional requirements to design software solutions and support their delivery throughout the delivery lifecycle.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours
- Excellent stakeholder management skills: able to "draw out" the requirements of others and identify areas that may have not been previously considered.
- Capable of creating a highly compelling and accurate programme of requirements that consider all stakeholders.
- Proven track record of producing accurate and pragmatic estimates for all stages of work.
- Driven to update your skills, awareness and understanding of developments in the wider commercial world and capable of bringing relevant ideas "to the table".
- Knowledge of and experience in using Object Orientated Analysis and Design and the Unified Modelling Language.
- Experience of working within a software delivery lifecycle as part of multiple project teams.
- Experience in the financial sector preferred but not essential.
- Knowledge of/experience in working to different software delivery models.
- Experience in SQL Server preferred and high level database design preferred but not essential.