I'm currently looking for a data focused Solutions Architect to join a retail Challenger bank in Edinburgh. The role is a permanent position offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
- Working and collaborating as part of a wider development team, working to Agile/Scrum methodologies to deliver value for stakeholders and support the development team and Product Owner of the platform.
- Responsible for designing, documenting and having a detailed understanding of the banks strategic Cloud Data Platform and open source toolsets.
- Help evaluate emerging or novel technologies
- Perform the role of reviewing costs, cost optimisation and cost modelling for the Data Platform.
Key skills Required
- Results driven with excellent people skills.
- Able to build relationships at all levels across the business.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong Cloud Architecture Skills - Azure/AWS.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pactices
- Python and other programming languages an advantage.
- Linux an advantage.
- Agile experience.
- An eye for detail, striving for accuracy.
Other Skills that would be preferred
- AWS or Azure Cloud Experience
- Experience of Data and Analytics platforms using Cloud infrastructure.
- Infrastructure as code
- Real Time Data Flows - Kafka
- Jenkins or other CI/CD toolsets
- Cloud Formation
- Data Science tooling(R-Studio, Shiny, other).