Job Title: SQL Database Analyst
Location: West Midlands/Remote
Salary - 45-55k + 10% bonus + 10% store discount + 28 days A/L
Manage the administration, configuration, and maintenance of our SQL Server databases. Provide support for production and non-production environments. Work with OLTP and OLAP systems to deliver our IT strategy in a fast-paced retail environment.
Key interfaces and relationships:
Engage, collaborate and support individuals from the following teams:
· Network and Server
· Software Development
· Business Intelligence
· Business Solutions
· Carry out routine configuration, installation, and maintenance of databases.
· Perform SQL deployments and act as a technical authority for database change.
· Use database management software, and knowledge of logical database schema, to investigate problems and collect performance statistics.
· Develop and configure automation for database administration tasks. Identify problems and issues and recommend corrective actions.
· Develop and maintain documentation for databases.
· Monitor database activity and resource usage.
· Optimise database performance and plan for forecast resource needs.
· Perform on-call or out of hours emergency database support as required.
· Review capacity, performance, availability, and other operational metrics. Take appropriate action to ensure corrective and proactive maintenance of storage and backup systems to protect and secure business information.
· Assist in providing accessibility, retrievability, security and protection of data in an ethical manner as required by the GDPR.
Data Modelling and Design
· Advise database designers and other development team members on the details of database structures and schema.
Need to Know:
· Strong T-SQL
· SQL Server installation, configuration, and administration (SQL Server 2012-2019)
· Database performance analysis and query/index tuning
· Database change control and deployment
· SSIS deployment and configuration
· Experience working in fast paced retail environment
· Experience with both OLTP and OLAP systems (Kimball data warehouse)
· PowerShell scripting and automation
Need to be:
· An experienced SQL Server DBA
· Able to remain calm under pressure during incidents
· Organised and able to deliver across multiple workstreams
· Methodical with attention to detail
· Able to work under your own initiative with minimal supervision
· Enthusiastic to drive ideas and promote better ways of working