Job Title: SQL Database Analyst
Location - West Midlands/Remote
Salary - 45-55k + 10% bonus + 10% store discount + 28 days A/L
To manage the administration, configuration, and maintenance of our SQL Server databases. Provide support for production and non-production environments. Work with OLTP and OLAP systems to deliver our IT strategy in a fast-paced retail environment.
- Carry out routine configuration, installation, and maintenance of databases.
- Perform SQL deployments and act as a technical authority for the database change.
- Use database management software, and knowledge of logical database schema, to investigate problems and collect performance statistics.
- Develop and configure automation for database administration tasks. Identify problems and issues and recommend corrective actions.
- Develop and maintain documentation for databases.
- Monitor database activity and resource usage.
- Optimize database performance and plan for forecast resource needs.
- Perform on-call or out-of-hours emergency database support as required.
Need to Know:
- Strong T-SQL
- SQL Server installation, configuration, and administration (SQL Server 2012-2019)
- Database performance analysis and query/index tuning
- Database change control and deployment
- SSIS deployment and configuration
- Experience working in a fast-paced retail environment preferred
- Experience with both OLTP and OLAP systems
- PowerShell scripting and automation
Need to be:
- An experienced SQL Server DBA
- Able to remain calm under pressure during incidents
- Organized and able to deliver across multiple workstreams
- Methodical with attention to detail
- Able to work under your own initiative with minimal supervision
- Enthusiastic to drive ideas and promote better ways of working